Coldplay announces huge stadium tour in 2022: dates, schedule, where to buy tickets
Add “sustainable world tour” to Coldplay’s impressive list of musical and environmental achievements.
The group, which won seven Grammys and performed the Super Bowl 50 halftime show, has just announced a “Music of the Spheres World Tour” to accompany his new album.
Coldplay says the tour will be environmentally friendly. It will reduce direct emissions by 50% compared to its last tour in 2016-2017 by powering the shows entirely using ultra-low-emission renewable energy and solar installations at each venue.
Here’s more information on Coldplay’s upcoming tour and where to buy tickets.
Coldplay currently has 30 shows scheduled for the tour, which kicks off in Costa Rica on March 18. The official Ticketmaster calendar, with dates and times, is here. Several major US cities are part of the tour, including Chicago, Houston, Inglewood, and Atlanta. Prices vary depending on the date of the tour and the city.
It should be noted that the tour announcement poster reads: “More dates to follow”. So if Coldplay isn’t coming to your city right now, things may change.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, October 22 at 10 a.m. EST for all shows.
If you want to buy tickets in advance, you can find tickets at StubHub, SeatGeek, MegaSeats and Lively seats. Although tickets are not on sale to the general public for all venues, it is common for them to appear in the secondary market first.
All secondary market traders, like StubHub, have warranties or buyer protection that ensure tickets are valid, will be delivered or accessible prior to the event, and will be identical to what was purchased.
The group behind “Viva La Vida” will perform at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford on June 4th. The opening of the group will be ELLE
Tickets for the show are currently available on SeatGeek, MegaSeats and Lively seats. At the time of publication, Vivid Seats tickets were the cheapest, at $ 143 plus fees.
Coldplay crosses state lines with HER to strike Lincoln Financial Field in Philly on June 8.
All details can be found at Coldplay website. However, here are a few ways the tour hopes to accomplish an eco-friendly spectacle:
- Power the show entirely with renewable, ultra-low-emission energy – with solar installations at every venue, used cooking oil, kinetic stage flooring, and fan-powered kinetic bikes. This energy will be stored in the world’s first mobile and rechargeable demonstration battery (made from recyclable BMW i3 batteries).
- Reduce far more CO2 than the tour produces with a range of nature and technology-based solutions, including planting a tree for every ticket sold.
- Make sure all merchandise is sourced from sustainable and ethical sources.
- Offer free drinking water and make an effort to eliminate plastic bottles at each site.
- Put 10% of all income into a fund for environmental and social causes, including ClientEarth, One Tree Planted, and The Ocean Cleanup.
Did Coldplay just released a song with BTS?
Yeah. It’s called “My Universe” and as the younger generation says, it’s banging.
Check out the 30-second “Music of the Spheres World Tour” trailer here:
RELATED STORIES ABOUT LIVE EVENTS:
How much are tickets to see Daniel Craig in “Macbeth” on Broadway? Here is where to buy
MixTape Tour 2022: dates, times, where to buy tickets for New Kids on the Block
Where to Buy BTS Resale Tickets: Price, Websites, Dates, SoFi Stadium Location Info
Subscribe now and support the local journalism you rely on and trust.